Thank you for sharing your IRL Pod 9!

I really like the website you created! Good choice on using Wix to develop your learning resource, I find it a very good platform. First, I appreciate how your tabs are very concise and follow the direction from start to finish, makes it very clear on where to navigate. I do like the design on the homepage with the addition of the quote and the overview of the learning resource. Overall design choice and layout of information is done quite effectively throughout the website. I also feel that the colour choices are perfect, nothing that is overwhelming to look at, well done!

As for the resource itself, I appreciate the context and rationale tab. I feel that it’s important to provide these descriptions before beginning a learning resource. By providing a clear description, desired outcomes, and intended audience, it can clear up any confusion a potential student may have. Next, I really enjoyed how you split up each lesson and outlined the Intro, Body, Closure, Resources, and Assessment. By dividing each lesson up, I found it very easy to understand each deliverable and how to complete them. Additionally, very good use of the direct links to the interactive resources and embedding of videos.

The use of the proficiency scale-based assessment is fantastic! I firmly believe in focusing less on “marks” and placing emphasis on personal growth. I find this crucial in the learning process and being able to empower students to grow. Especially with the use of formative assessment and being able to monitor progress throughout a course is invaluable for students, an aspect that is not considered in summative assessment. With that said, it’s a very intriguing view on assessment. As a note, I like how your group decided to add images of trees that correlate to the student’s proficiency level, nice touch!

Another very strong point of the learning resource is under Inclusion and Technology, and how your group ensured equal access and opportunity. Very good explanation and rationale as to why you used the software in the learning resource. It is clear that your group took into consideration many different aspects of learning and produced an overall great learning resource. I felt after going through the resource, this could definitely be completed with minimal direction. I would also like to mention that you did a great job in constructing the resource to fit both in-person and the online environment. With that said, I can definitely see this resource being very effective in teaching dance and movement to Grade 5 students.

Once again, thank you for sharing your learning resource, Great job!